Friday, June 5, 2009

I want my mama!!!

Brodie has screamed his way out of ICU and into mommys arms. All night last night and all morning he screamed out "mama, mmyy mmmaaammmaa" It was heart breaking. Due to all of the excitment, i was not allowed to touch him or even be in his line of sight. Luckily for us, Brodie has been sailing through his recovery so far, so they decided to release him back into our room. Once all of the Arterial lines and drainage tube were removed they let me hold him. Immediatly he drank 5.5oz and passed out for a few hours. I guess mama is the best medicine after all. Since being released at 2:30 Brodie has done great, he has slept about 90% of the time and Joe and I just keep taking turns rocking him. He is in alot of pain, but is tolorating it as much as he can.



in our room on 2B

1 comment:

  1. oh bless his little heart! I am am so glad to hear he is doing well in recovery. He is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. I really can't wait to meet him in person. Next time you and Joe are in Florida give me a call because Doug and I are in Orlando for the summer, so I can meet your little angel. We love you you!

    ReplyDelete