Friday, May 7, 2010

Zero to Sixty

Brodie has been recovering so fast that it is amazing. He is now completely off of all pain medicines, and we are beginning to wean him off of the post surgery meds as well. It is hard to believe, but the surgeries have been so successful that in a few weeks Brodie will be medication free for the first time in his life. That is something that in the beginning of this whole ordeal we were told would be unlikely, so to me it seems like the biggest victory ever. My mom was here for a few days and we had the best time with her. Brodie was very happy to have an audience to show off to, so she got to see all of his tricks. We also had our first post-op appointment and they said that everything looked great, they also gave us the green light to go outside. So lately we have been enjoying the sunshine again. During the appointment I mentioned to our doctor that we might want to leave Delaware this winter and go to Oaklawn, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "that's fine, we are pretty much done". That hit me like a ton of bricks D.O.N.E. That is something that I wasn't sure we were ever going to hear.
Walking in the woods behind our house
Loving being outside

Fishing with daddy
He wants to touch a fish about as much as I do

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear such good news. What a guy. I hope he still rests, though, because he is probably feeling better before his body IS better, you know what I mean. How liberating though to finally be able to go to, say Oaklawn, and to be meds free. I am so happy for him and you and Joe. Neat woods, by the way. Looks like my kind of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "WOW" THAT'S GREAT NEWS. GOD HAS BLESSED YOU.

    YOUR MOM SAID SHE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME & ENJOYED BRODIE SO MUCH. HE LOOKS GREAT. THANK GOD FOR THOSE WONDERFUL DR. & NURSES.

    FUNNY, YOU & CHEYE BOTH GOING TO ARK. MAYBE.
    LOVE & KISSES TO MY WONDERFUL FAMILY. THANKS FOR SHARING. GRANDMA SUZY

    ReplyDelete