Monday, May 16, 2011

Long Drive and new additions

The drive home from Arkansas was a grueling 22 hours, which we did straight. I can't believe what a trooper Brodie was. We only got out of the car twice to eat and I can successfully say that we made the trip without one single tear. It was amazing. We drove through the night, thinking that Brodie would sleep through most of it. But that wasn't the case. He was just happy to be eating snacks and watching movies. I think that he might have even enjoyed the road trip. And the other big news that we have is that Brodie is having a little brother.
Brodie traveling in comfort
entertaining me and Joe by singing to us at about three in the morningonce we got to the new house, we unpacked all of Brodie's toys. Luckily our new place has a ton of room. We made the basement Brodie's playroom. I think this is the first time we had all of his cars in one place. The basement looks like a toddler's version of Cribs.Joe made a track on the floor for all the riding toys

This is our new addition at 9 weeksand his profile at 20 weeksAnd for all those who have been asking for this, here is the belly at 22 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. A good little boy like his Grandpa. He would never sleep in the car either but he was a good little baby & little boy, ALWAYS. Your car packed full looked like ours. We had a station wagon & made a big bed in the back & pulled a luggage trailor with a dish washer in it. haha Lonnie said he would never travel when he grew up!!haha plus we always had 3-4 dogs. Wonderful memories. Jack & me looked like kids with kids & we were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie you look hot in that belly pick and so skinny!! Little brodie just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I love his little car track. You look like you are enjoying motherhood so much and having so much fun with it. I love you and am so happy for your newest addition!! And to the think the pencil test was wrong about you having a girl, who knew! For the record, you're only the second person I know that my voodoo didn't work on ;) Give brodie a kiss for me and tell joe we say hi! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That basement car track is awesome. I wish I had one of those growing up :0) Such sweet pictures of your family. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete